Saturday, July 26, 2008

Work, work and then I go to work

So I was worried about my "pink card" job and if it was going to be ending. Turns out, the pink card part it, but I will still be working from home doing Internet work for them still. I am going in tomorrow, noonish, so that I can learn what it is that I will be doing. I am sort of excited, it will be nice to be getting a second paycheck again.


So while at work yesterday, I was pulled into the office to talk to Nate (one of our assistant managers). I thought I was going to be yelled at for something from the night before, but he asked me if I could pick up some more hours. I had just asked the other day if I could pick up some more hours, so that worked out didn't it!! I figure I will go in and work 8 hour days on Saturday and Sunday. That will give me the extra 8 a week, plus when the hours change at work, I will pick up an extra 1.5 on Wednesday and Thursdays. That means, with both jobs I will officially make the most money I have ever made, and I am still working under 40 hours a week. NICE!!! I feel awesome right now. I have never felt like I contribute much financially to the house, and this makes me feel like a real man, oops, I mean woman. The amount of money I will be making will pay ALL the everyday bills, Johns paycheck on the 15th will pay the mortgage and his paycheck on the 30th will be all mine, oops again, I mean ours.


SORT OF SUBJECT CHANGE...

I found what I am going to be doing for Christmas gifts. I should not talk about it here, its not safe (people are watching us right now, meet me in the alley at 7pm, come alone). I am super excited about my idea, I just hope the people getting the gifts like it too. OOOHHH, I found what I am going to give my dad for Christmas too, super super cool. It combines both of our loves (again, cant tell you here, he may read this some day and it is too cool to not give him). While looking around online for gift ideas yesterday, I found a super cute cross stitch with a cat that looks like Bob with a Santa hat on saying Bah Humbug. Too cute, had to buy it. I love to cross stitch and am looking forward to it coming in the mail. I probably should be spending the little bit of money I have on other people, but it was on 8 dollars with shipping, and I really wanted it.


I was looking for a cute one with a black and white cat for Halloween too, but have yet to find one. I am sure I will have no time to do my little project, but there are lots of times when I just have nothing to do, and this is a productive project. Maybe I will make some Christmas ornaments for my lime green and red tree, too cute.


Have I told you about my little money making ideas? So, I can not claim that I came up with this idea myself. I have to blame Nana and Bompa, and we will throw in Aunt Debbie too. I want to make crafts and sell them. I would sell them in a garage sale setting, or maybe a swap meet or two in town. I could also throw together some sort of "catalog" and put it in its own blog too. I need money to make money, so that is next months project list. That and to start collecting items for Halloween and Bella's birthday party in December. Wow, too much on my plate huh?!?! Back to the crafts. I made a cute name plate for one of Spencer's friends for her birthday and it was too cute. The letters are glittery if you can not tell.


That got me thinking. I made if for under $5, and could sell it for $10. Then I made a picture frame for a friend a few weeks ago, and it was the nicest thing I have yet to make. Again, $5 to make it, but could sell it for at least $10. I figure I could have letters painted up ready to be glued on, and that way there would be no "I can not find my name" issues. I don't know, I think I could make a little money doing it. With the holidays coming up, I could make really nice decorations and sell them. My only issue is where or how to sell them. When the weather turns, I can not do the garage sale idea, and there are no craft fairs in the winter. My idea is a work in progress, but again, I think it will work. Even if it makes $50 a month, it is still $50, and I have fun doing it (as long as everyone leaves me alone while I do it!!! yea right). So John gets a weekly "bonus", it can range from $20-100, but I figure if I put that into my project I can have lots of things made within a few weeks. I should look into finding fairs, or swap meets ect... . Ok, I have to go, I now have a new mission in life!!! Must sell my nonexistent things!!!

2 comments:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

Allison used to make these Angels at at christmas and sell them she made 20 to 30 bucks each. It was always nice at Christmas.

Miss you this weekend! I am home for 3 days. Went swimming yesterday with Chris, Denise and the Girls, Shaun & Jeanea and their 3 kids, Randi and Kauleen(oh they left because the bees liked the lotion they had on) Allison, her sister Bobbi and I. It was fun had Randi and Kauleens kyack and played catch with the football. Maybe next time you can come.

By the way DON'T EVER START A BLOG OUT BY TODAY I"M CLEANING MY CRACKS!! I couldn't even respond, I had too many one liners!!

Uncle Pat

Debbie~ said...

So Cori, have you seen any of my 'Hype' on Etsy.com???????? It only cost .20 to list an item and if you sell they take a little...but it is a place to have a items for sale and it's fun ....takes some time to set up your store front , but they are only about 'handmade' and a huge network of like people....tons of women your age with husbands,kids, jobs, and needing extra money....Please go watch my etsy video, if that cute little Rob doesn't inspire you ?!?!?!?! I love ETSY!
http://ecologicallyworn.blogspot.com/

The ecoetsy you see on my blog is a team I joined, they have tons of kewl teams I'm looking into 'Seattle Rain' I just ran into a gal on 'flickr' that is a team member....usually all teams do is promote each others shops, so its all good...Look into it, you may enjoy it!!! Aunt Debbie~