Friday, July 25, 2008

One of those days

Yesterday sucked. I hardly ever hate my job, but yesterday made me want to throw down my apron and walk out. I am fed up with people not listening, or listening and just ignoring. Should I really have to explain how to clean? Does a broom need to come with instructions? Windex comes with directions, but it does not tell you when to use it. Perhaps that is the problem. Maybe the people at Johnson and Johnson should have included the following... "when windows, counter, glass ect. becomes so dirty people are writing their names in it, it is time to use this product". Come on people.

I often wonder if some of the people I work with drive to work. Now, if they can get a complicated machine such as a car all the way across town, why do I need to explain in great detail how to wipe a counter down? Are trash bags such an enigma? They sure as hell know how to tell time. It is like the second it is their break time, their blood sugar drops. If they know it is break time at 8pm, why can they not understand that I want the place is cleaned by 9pm? It goes back to the question I asked the other day about getting my son to clean up after himself. Do I just keep cleaning up after them, or keep nagging them? It is like the never ending question... does my husband put the plates in the wrong spot so I will tell him that I will do it next time?, or does he really not know where he gets the plates and has gotten the plates from for the last 15 years?. I don't know.

No comments: