Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update on Johns mom

Ok, here is what I know. She came home, it was hot, so she turned on the A/C. I guess at that point she left. I am not sure where she went, but I know it was not far. I also do not know if it was her that found the fire, or her sister that lives across the street. I guess it could have been a neighbor too. Her A/C was in her bedroom, and that is where the fire burned mostly. Her room was gone John said. Just gone. I guess she had just done her laundry, so her clothes were in the living room waiting to be put away, so they were ok. Just stinky. Also, Johns childhood things were in another room. They were not burnt, but there is water damage, and smoke as well.

Again, the worst part is that she is homeless. Now what? Luckily she is a nice person, and has allot of friends. I think I said this in the other blog, but she often spends time at friends houses. I guess her sister said she would pull her travel trailer into the drive way and she could stay there. In talking to my mom, I guess there are a few options, but we need more facts first. I am sure that John doesn't want me to give to much personal info of his moms, so I am trying not to hit details. But I feel this may work out in the end. Good will come of this, I think her life will be better in the long run.

2 comments:

Denise said...

What awful news. I'm at a loss for words on what to say. Just know that we are thinking about Jon and hoping that everything works out for his mom.

Debbie~ said...

Wow Cori, that's so sad about John's moms home! I hope from what you said, that somehow there will be some positive changes for her! So it sounds like it was the A/C unit that started it??? I'll be sure and turn ours off whenever I leave...(((((hugs)))) for everyone!!! Aunt Debbie~