Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My mystery house...

So there are too many strange things going on with our house right now. Let me back track. As I have said before, we don't know when our house was built. We have gone to the city of Shelton, and they don't know when our house was build. Don't you think that is strange? Ok, it gets more strange. Last Sunday a van pulls up to the front of the house. There were a few people inside, and John went out to see what they wanted. The driver said he had lived in the house in the 1950's. Now, keep in mind that we have been trying to find names of people that have lived in the house since we moved in. John had a short conversation with the gentelman, but never got his information (I was taking a nap that day, what are the chances!!!). He did get some information before he left. He was a boy when he lived in our house, and his bedroom was Spencers room, and his sister was is Bella's room. John told them about the bathroom upstairs, and the man said that they had always wanted a bathroom upstairs, it was a good place for it. He also said that his father was the one that placed all the bricks on the bottom half of the house. We thought they were origanl to the house, so that was interesting. His father was also the one that hand dug the basement. Now that is where my storie goes, so keep up. I guess that was the extent of the information John got that day. He came upstairs and told me about the people coming by, and all the information he had gathered. I did not really think anything of it, except that I wish he had gotten the mans name and information.

Exactly 1 week to the day, a man and his 2 kids pulled into the back ally. John just happened to be outside and saw him out there. Come to find out, he was the man that had sold the house to the people we bought the house from. He was the one that remodled it after it had be abondend and left to the homeless and druged out Shelton people. He had to 80% restore the house, so he knew everthing about the house. We got a ton of information from him. We did not bother to get his information because we are more interested the house when it was first built.

I was telling my BFF Jessie about both men that had lived in the house coming with in a 1 week period, and she said that it was too much of a coincedence. Why would both people stop by out of the blue? I told my mom about the men too, and did not tell her what Jessie said, and mom said that it was too much of a coincedence that they both stopped by. My dad said, when my mom told him, that it was too much of a coincedence that they both stopped by. So, everyone seems to think there is a burried treasure somewhere inside or outside of the house.

First thing this morning the county assesor stoped by. She said that they come by every 4 years to asses the property for tax reasons. They has some of our information wrong, they had us down for a 5 bedroom 1 bath house, but we are a 4 bedroom 1.75 bath house (does anyone know if that will effect my taxes???). She also wanted to walk around the house and just take a look. She was really interested in the back proch, and if there is concrete under it. That got me thinking.

I have come up with these 3 spots... basement, secret room or under the back porch. I think John and I should spend an afternoon really really looking in the basement for all that money, gold, warbonds, ect....

So here I am, sitting in my house that everyone is suddenly interested in, wondering why they all want to see the house. It really has me truly wondering if there is anything in the house I should be looking for. What do you think??

7 comments:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

OR? A Great imagination and you should be writing childrens books?Uncle P

Debbie~ said...

Vellly Interesssst-ing!!!
Aunt Debbie~

Ryan and DeWayne Hetrick said...

I love dads idea i thing you would this would make a great book!!! Bud I do also find all of this strange. Better you then me though I would think other thoughts and then I would stress out..... Love you and will keep and eye one this story as it unfolds...

Randi said...

doo doo doo doo.... doo doo doo doo....

K thinks it is weird too, and wants you to tell her when you find the stash ;)

XO!

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

I was just kidding! I love you too! Can I share?
Uncle P

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

And Why do the show a wheelchair after the word verification? (handicapped)? Is it because it always takes me twice? Let me ponder for a moment?

Cori's Stories said...

I will let every one know when I find the stash. I think I will make John go in the basement with me this weekend after the kids are in bed so we can really look around. If it is under the deck in the back, that will have to wait for a few years. We plan on cleaning the toy room (aka the secret room) this weekend, so I will also tear that place apart then. It will be fun looking!!!!