Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My business venture

I have made a decision. I am going to work really hard for the next 9 months and make my crafts and save them for spring. I think that I could do better work, and have more quantity if I do it this way. I love Aunt Debbie's idea, and I am totally on board for doing something like that. I don't know the darnedest thing about doing things like this, so I love hearing ideas.

I went online and stole, I mean found allot of really cute crafts to do. Ok, here are some of my ideas... Halloween decorations (signs, garland ect.), Christmas decorations (again signs, garlands ect.), 4th of July, Thanksgiving. I think those are the only holidays I will work with. They are the ones I will be selling during, or right before. But here is where I have cute ideas. While on vacation I decided that I love ocean decor. You know, shells, lighthouses, water colors..., well I love the thought of making a "line" of decorations that revolve around the ocean. I could also expand that idea into other themes... Elvis, cars, Disney, cats, dogs, you name it, I could create it. I also want to crate ornaments (balls to be exact). I want to purchase different color balls, and paint designs on them. I also want to do things like I made for the girl Spencer went to school with. I have sketched out a few drawings to make. I have priced the kind of wood I want for making all my crafts, and it is about $4-7 for a 4'x4' slab of wood. I will need lots of 4'x4'x slabs of wood. Now that I am picking up a few more hours, and restarted my second job today, I should be able to really put some money into it.

I hate waiting to start, and hate the thought of waiting until next year to sell my items. I am a do it now kind of girl. Patients is a virtue, I guess.

1 comment:

Debbie~ said...

Etsy is as easy as blogspot!!! It just takes time listing etc...I have to learn how to make a better banner....ugh..but I will learn and have a great one soon! Etsy has a huge community and you can go there with any questions (they're called threads, I've learned soooo much), did you watch the video? I sure wish I had etsy when I was 20...I believe I would not be as cowardly about my art, if I'd it back then, and might have had the confidence to make a living with it...sigh...You Go girl!!!
Love ya, Aunt Debbie~