Friday, July 18, 2008

I dont feel good

I got a phone call from John last night that Bella was throwing up. I guess she ended up throwing up like 4 times before I got home from work. I ended up staying on the couch, because she fell asleep in the chair. She woke up 3 times dry heaving. Around 2 am, I heard a ruckus up stairs. It was Spencer racing to the toilet. Yep, he was tossing his cookies too. His kicked in later, but lasted just as long. Bella was fine when she woke up this morning around 9, and Spencer continued ralphing until noonish. He is doing fine now, he managed to hold down 1/2 a banana and some toast. Bella is taking a really long nap right now, but she needed it. I had to call in sick to work tonight. There is just no way I can drive all that way, work and drive home at 11pm with 1 hour of sleep. I would be a crying, yelling mess that would probably fall asleep on the way home. That is just no good now is it!! I feel really bad about calling in. My number on pet peeve is people that call in sick. I would not have, if there were not enough cashiers tonight. I told my closing manager last night that I would most likely be staying home tonight(because when babies get sick, mommies get sick. Rule of thumb!!), so because of that and the extra cashiers tonight, I feel a little better. Oh well, I can not make everyone happy all the time. I either go to work and make the boss happy (if he even notices I am there and not at home sick), or I stay where I belong. With my babies. I chose wise.

2 comments:

Debbie~ said...

Take care!!! The last time Lulu got the flu I got it from her and boy was I sick...Ugh, I feel for your kids, it's no fun to throw up! Aunt Debbie

Randi said...

Good choice Mama! :) Take care of you, John and the kids!