Monday, July 14, 2008

Home alone

A half an hour ago John got a phone call from his aunt. His moms house has burnt down. He, of course, left to go over there. I don't know why, how or any details yet. All I do know is she has had her trailer for as long as John can remember. She was still paying for it, and did NOT have any insurance. Not to mention, all those years of memories inside. She is (as is John) a pack rat, so I am sure the loss is too crazy to even begin thinking about. I am sitting here wondering what the heck has happened, but I don't think John is even there yet.

I hear that she was not home when it happened. The good news is she is never home, she is always staying with friends. I am sure she has allot of her every day stuff with her. I am sure she will be staying here for a while. She works in Tumwater, so it is really close to Johns work. They can carpool I guess. I don't know. What will she do? Is there recovering after something like this when you have no money? I assume you have a mortgage still, right? Well, I guess that is what insurance is for. Her staying here for a while does not bother me. I really do care about her, and want her to be OK. I am just glad we have the 4th bedroom, and thank god I have a futon.

I will keep you all updated when I hear more. I am sure it will be a long night.

No comments: