Friday, May 1, 2009

The big party

So tomorrow is Spencer's 7th birthday party. Wow. 7th birthday party. My baby is getting so old. It makes me sad to even look at his young man face. I still sneak into his room every night at look at him sleeping. That is when he still looks like my baby. I miss the baby Spencer. What a delightful little boy that was. He still is, but it is different now. Now I am always wrong, guess I should get use to that one though. Any day now I will be embarrassing him.

Any way, as I am sure you know, I have been cleaning all week. Well, to be honest, the house was fairly clean from the painting party still. I did so much deep cleaning with that party, that this in only surface cleaning. John got the yard done yesterday, and the porch is all cleaned off. I have to work tonight, but I should have most of my work done by then. I think I will save cleaning the floors until tomorrow, and decorating. Decorating is the best part!!!! I thought ahead this year, and the party is not until 4pm tomorrow. I will have all freaking day to get the last minute touches done. I just wish John had tomorrow off, but he has to work until 2ish. Then he has to pick up Uncle Tim and all the balloons.

This years theme... A night at the movies. It is a sleep over. We have a movie projector and a popcorn machine on the way. The party starts at 4, but the sleep over portion is starting at 7. That way kids can come to the party, but don't have to stay for the sleepover. I gave the kids 3 choices of movies, but there is only time for 2. The Dog Hotel, The Sandlot, and Kung Fu Panda. I hope they choose The Sandlot, that movie is soooo funny, and it is right at their age.

OOOPS, first batch of cupcakes are done, have to go!!!

No comments: