Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Family

So I decided that I am going to have a family meeting tonight. (If for some reason you are reading this and you work with my husband, do not run and tell him, please) I have been frustrated with the way the house looks. It is not all John, oh no, there are 2 other little people that are trashing this place too, however, only one of the two can do anything about it without being told. I worked my fingers to the bone last week getting the house ready for the painting party, and it was very clean. Not so much now. Really it is just minor maintenance at this point.

I am going to be 7 months pregnant in a few days, and I am tired. I am heavy, and should be taking it easy with the troubles we have been having with this pregnancy. I say that, but find that I am still doing all the work I usually do, if not more. I find that near the end of my pregnancies I am a better cleaner than when I am not pregnant, only natural. I have a constant list of things to do going on in my head, as well as on paper (and chalk board too!!). I need more help, and I am going to talk to my boys about it tonight at dinner. We all need to pull together as a family, more now then ever. I enjoy a clean house, as does my husband, and love waking up, coming down stairs and looking at my beautifully clean house. Now, please DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME, my husband is a wonderful person, who helps me when I ask. He may lack the detailed point of view that I hold, but he is a great helper. That being said, I know he possesses the power to give me a bit more help at this point in our lives. As for the boy, he just needs to stop thinking I am his GD maid!!! If I find one more pair of underwear just lying on the living room floor because someone else will take care of it, I am going to shove them up his butt!!!!

I was going to go the "mommy is on strike" route, and see how long it took them to get the hint, but that wont solve any problems, it will only get the house cleaned for me once. That is is not what I am looking for. I just want a little help now and then. You know that little things. If the trash is full, take it out. If you are going to eat that bag of chips, throw the empty one away, or put the bag back in the pantry. If the laundry is getting out of control, do a load. If it is folded, and looks like all it needs is put away, then put it away. I worked really hard at keeping the house picked up after that painting party. It was nice to not have to clean the house all week, because it was always clean. That is what I am looking for. If my parents can do it, so can we.

1 comment:

Debbie~ said...

And...?


Or

good

luck

with

that!

Wishing you all the luck in the world!!! :)Big Hugs,
Auntie Debbie~