Friday, May 15, 2009

DDDRRRAAAMMMAAA

Ok... update...again. So Thursday started, and midway through was, normal enough. I had called the doctor like I mentioned, at 8:30, and finally I got a call back at 3:30. My question for them was should I stop taking the BP meds, change them or just deal with it. Her response was... are you having contractions still? I had to admit that I had had a few that afternoon. She said she wanted me to (as usual) lay on my left side, and drink 2 big glasses of water. If I had 4 or more in an hour, I was to go to the hospital. Well, guess what happened? That's right, I had 6 in an hour, and by the time we found a baby sitter, I took a shower, and were in the car, I was having them more often. I still thought it was stupid to be going to the hospital, especially since I was scheduled to work at 6:30, but I went. Had to humor the husband and OB nurse.

When we got there, the nurse made me get in a gown, and hooked me up to the monitors. I was having them like every 5 minutes, but for some reason they were not showing up on the monitor. It did not make any sense to me, and I don't think the nurse thought I was telling the truth. I decided to move the monitor to where I was feeling the contractions (after she left the room) and sure enough, they started showing up. She came back in and did the same swab test that was done in the doctors office last week, and then checked my cervix. My cervix is still closed on the inside, but is open to 1 1/2 cm on the outside, and according to them, is super soft and thin. That's when they decided it was time to deal with the contractions, and gave me a super strong and quick dose of the meds I am already on. It seemed to work, at first. Turns out I had to take a second dose within a specific time, and the nurse did not get the pill to me on time. My contractions that had stopped, kicked in super hard and under 2 minutes apart. I was scared. I thought it was over. The second pill slowed them down, but it took a shot of something else to stop them completely. We checked in to the hospital at like 5, and did not get to leave until 11. The shot they gave me had a side effect, she said it would feel like I had 2 too many cups of coffee, but it was like 10 too many cups. It was gross, did not care for it at all. But it worked, and very quick. They stopped 100% within 10 minutes, at most.

They are telling me that they don't think I was in preterm labor, but that I was having preterm contractions that lead to labor. AKA, good thing I went in. In the mean time, I have been told that I will not be going back to work this week, and at my appointment on Monday we will discuss if I will be going back at all. Also they upped my dosage of meds from 30mg twice a day, to 60mg twice a day. I am not all that convinced that I will be going back to work, but that is not up to me. I am also being told that this baby will most likely be here in the next 30 days. I am not due for 70 days. I am freaking out. Too much to do still.

2 comments:

Randi said...

take care of you the best you can...and grow that baby! Lots of growing baby vibes your way!

LOVE YOU!!!!! and I'm sorry you are having to go through this.......:( A healthy baby and healthy mama in the end is what we hope for!!

Debbie~ said...

Haven't peeked here in awhile, sorry to hear that you're still having a difficult time!

Hard as it is to keep still and not finish some of the things on 'your to do list', they can wait until Jack is here and hopefully that'll be when he's due...You know whatever happens, happens, but you don't need, even the tiniest bit of guilt, if in your mind, you think you could've been a little more layed back...ya know?

Are there any books you've wanted to read, but you haven't had time to read and a few good movies you've wanted to see, but maybe John hasn't!!!...time to veg, and pamper yourself... hard, but he might stay put longer!:)

Lots of love & Big Hugs, Auntie Debbie~