Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Up date on my pregnancy

I have been having contractions since Sunday night. I don't know what has started them, I just know I am dealing them now. I had my 28week appointment today, so I waited until my appointment time to go in, however, I should have gone in this morning when the back pain started. Turns out my cervix is shortening, and the outside is opening. I have to go in for some tests tomorrow, and you guessed it, another ultrasound. I have been put on meds to stop the contractions, and we are going to make the bed rest call tomorrow after they get a look at the ultrasound. I knew something was wrong. I just knew it.

The contractions have slowed down, they were every 10 minutes, all day long. Now they are one or two an hour. The pills must be working. I am super worried. How am I going to be a mommy if I am stuck in bed. How am I going to pay my bills? Looks like Grand Coulee is off for us this year too. I am just glad I made it through Spencer's birthday party without any problems. My doctors goal as of right now, is to get me to 35 weeks, then let my body take over at that point. For those of you doing the math, that is 6 1/2 weeks. 6 1/2 FREAKING WEEKS. The baby's room is not ready. I have not finished Bella's bed, she is still sleeping on the crib mattress. I am freaking out. I knew this was going to happen, I called it along time ago. I said I had 30 weeks to get it done, and here I am at 28 1/2, and my time is up.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Thinking of you Cori! Please let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow....email at work:

randi.punteney@ctt.com

We won't be able to check email tomorrow night as it is birth class night and it gets too crazy.

You're baby will make it at this point no matter when they come..... and take every day the best you can to make this baby stronger.

Denise said...

Hang in there Cori. Take one day at a time and let the little things slide. Can Chris and I help you get rooms ready or do the whatevers?