Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What next...

So I had my 24 week check up yesterday. We went over the regular things, and then talked about the ultra sound I had 2 weeks ago. The baby is right on track for size. At 22 weeks and 1 day, he measured 22 weeks and 3 days. Perfect. I mentioned that I have had some issues with swelling towards the end of my crazy work week, and she seemed to think that I should lay off the salts and drink more water. Also, I think that if that doesn't help, she will make me take more time between shifts (Saturday I close, and Sunday I open. That gives me 7 1/2 hours between shifts, and with drive time, that is only like 5 hours sleep. Not enough for a mommy to be). I had to bring Bella to this appointment because John got called into work, so needless to say, my blood pressure was a bit high. Again, she understands why!!! You try chasing a 2 year old around 6 months pregnant!!!! When she went to measure me, she found that I am measuring big. I am measuring 28 weeks pregnant, at 24 weeks pregnant. I knew I looked big, but I just thought it was because it is my 3rd child and that is just what I had to deal with. Anyway, she sent me right in to get another ultrasound to measure the pockets of fluid surrounding the baby. She said that if there was more fluid, that is a sign of gestational diabetes. The ultrasound tech said that the fluid is normal between 8 and 20, mine was measuring at 22. I have not gotten any more information. I guess the doctor will call, but she has not yet. I did check my blood sugar last night at midnight (could not sleep, too worried) and 5 hours after eating it was 131. Not crazy high, but the highest I have ever had with random testing.

The most ironic part of all of this is, Spencer was born early because I had low fluid. I measured a 4 at the ultrasound I had the day before I was induced. My doctor said that if I had not had the weird feeling that made her send me in for that ultrasound, he could have died.

I have still only gained 10-13 pounds as of yesterday, but damn, I am huge. I will take some pictures and post them, but I have a lot of crap to do today so it will be some time this week. It is crazy because I can feel Jackson moving around up really high. I guess there is more room in there for him to swim around in because it is being stretched out by all that fluid. I can feel him kicking down low, and up near my ribs at the same time, and it is freaking me out. I just hope everything works out for the best. I can not afford bed rest or a c-section.

1 comment:

Randi said...

So you are measuring big eh? When do you do the GD test? I'm waiting my results.......and will call tomorrow to get them if I don't hear! BUT I'm measuring right on track.......

I understand about the swelling.... my legs have gotten a bit poofy towards the end of the day and I SIT all day.