Monday, April 13, 2009

The doctor called

Well, Randi was right. I should not google. It was my mom's fault thought!!! Any way, I did hear from my doctor (finally) and I did not pass my glucose test. They would normally send you in for a 3 hour test, but she said because I did not pass so early in my pregnancy (24 weeks apposed to 28 weeks), and because of the extra fluid we have been worrying about, she is calling it gestational diabetes.

I have to say I am disappointed, but at the same time she said not to worry about all that other jazz, and that makes me feel much better. I was walking about feeling like a ticking time bomb all weekend, and that sucked. This is nothing, just need to eat right and all will be ok. I have been having really strong Braxton Hicks contractions the last week, to the point I have to stop and breath them away. Very strong. Just reminds me how much time I don't have.

That being said...WE GOT SPENCER MOVED DOWN STAIRS AND UNPACKED TODAY!!! His room is amazing and I can not wait for him to come home and see it. He should be here in 15 minutes!!! John just went to get him. I took pictures (the final after) and will post them with Easter pictures tonight or tomorrow. TTFN!!!!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Cori -

Well, the news wasn't surprising to you I'm sure, although a BIG disappointment. What type of diet did they put you on? When I gained too much weight (not your case) she put me on a 30-35 carb meal diet - VERY HARD. We did our best. PROTEIN, PROTEIN and more PROTEIN. You'll be amazed at how little carbs are in eggs, bacon, ham, etc.

AND you don't have to do the 3 hour test. I would've NEVER made it. I felt so crappy about 2 hours after the 1 hour test....

Here's to healthy babies in approximatly 3 months (and a little more)

We love you!! and can't wait to see pictures of Spencer's room!!