Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thank God almighty, I'm done at last!!!

Well, it took me much longer than I wanted or even expected. I would say it took me a month and a half to get this 2 week project done. It started by cleaning up the ungodly mess that we created in our "junk room". As you see, it was a task to not only clean, but organize this stuff. It all had to go, everything. Also note the color of the walls. The top of this wall was white, but all the other walls were white. The trim on the ceiling and floor were the same poop yellow color you see on the half wall in the background. Just look past the crap.

There was so much stuff in here, you could not get past the boxes on the left in this picture. It was bad. Our printer was in the back of the room, and we had not used it in months!!!







THE AFTER!!!! Yesterday I finally put the last of the finishing touches on the new room. There were so many set backs to getting this room done. I would have to say being pregnant was the first of many set backs, but then all the random illnesses I got while doing this project did not help. Another problem we ran into, we ran out of paint and money. We could have gotten this done a few weeks ago, but we needed primer and paint and paint brushes. That adds up really quick. Had to wait for a few weeks.







The floors still need to be cleaned and shined up. They have never been mopped while we have lived here. It has always been just a room. We never really used it. The people that painted it before us were very sloppy painters and there is paint all over the beautiful hardwood floors (original to the house too!!). I hope to get it all up, but that can wait until next week. The ceiling in this room is also hardwood, just like the floors, and the color of the walls, and the color of the wood is so beautiful. So my painting party to paint Spencer's old room (Bella's new room) is on the 19th, so we have 1 day to move that boy into this room (I say 1 day because I am not doing it alone. John and I will do it on our day off on Monday.) I have made sure that NOTHING has or will come up for Monday. It has to, has to, has to get done Monday or the painting party is off. When we get done on Monday I will post the final pictures of how freaking cute his big boy (yet Spongebob still) room is going to be!!! I can not wait!!! PLEASE NOTE HOW EASY THIS ROOM CAN BE CONVERTED INTO A MARINERS ROOM!!! GO MARINERS!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Nice job Cori! The room looks amazing.

CiaoBella! said...

Great job, Cor! Love the colors.