Monday, April 20, 2009

Had another ultrasound today...

I went in for the check up on the amniotic fluid, and the size of the baby today. I am sure that I will have to go in for more before the time he comes. Just something I am going to have to deal with. I guess. I do love seeing him. He is super cute. It is so shocking to me how much he looks like the other 2 kids. His profile is exact to the other profiles I have of Spencer and Bella.

Anyway, on to what she said... my fluid level is down to 19 as of today. It was 22 last time I went in (2 weeks ago today). 8-20 in normal. That is good news. The last time she measured the baby, he was measuring right on what he should be. And I mean to the day. Today, he is coming in 27 weeks and 3 days, I am only 26 weeks 1 day. I know that is not a big deal, but keep in mind I still have 14 weeks of pregnancy left. The last 4-3 weeks they gain 1 pound a week. WHERE IS HE GOING TO FIT, AND HOW IS THAT GOING TO COME OUT!!!! I will have to wait to hear from my doctor, I don't know if this is ok news, or something to worry about. I can only imagine that him being bigger than he should be already, is not good. She did say that he weighs 2 1/2 pounds (how she knows that is beyond me!!!), and that is on the big side.

All I want out of this pregnancy is a healthy baby, and to go into labor with out being put into labor. I want to experience that with out drugs. Don't misunderstand that with not wanting drugs during labor!! I just want to go into labor with out being induced. It is my last pregnancy, and I have yet to get that option. C-section does not scare me, but the recovery does. If he gets too big, I am not going to have very many choices. Bella was 8 lbs 12 oz, and I am sure he will top that. I learned from my last ob nurse that each baby you have is bigger than the last.

1 comment:

Amber said...

As long as he is safe and healthy, I suppose it doesn't matter how big he is. But, we want the mommy to be safe and healthy, too.

Everything will be okay, the doctors know what they're doing and they're keeping a close enough watch on you that they will definitely know once something is wrong. :)

Love you!