Tuesday, June 30, 2009

36 weeks 2 days

I had my ob visit yesterday. My doctor did the group b test, I am sure I will get that result next Monday, and while she was in there she checked me. I have gone from being partially open ( 1/2 on the inside and 2 on the outside) to 2 cm dilated. That is cool, I am also 50% effaced, but I think that has been that way for a few weeks, I can not remember. The bad news (in my opinion) is the baby is really high still. She said she had to really try to reach his head. That is disappointing to me. I know things can change over night, but the baby has to be pushing on my cervix in order to dilate it. He can not do that until he drops more.

I woke up yesterday having lower back pain that came and went. I also had a case of the soft poos, and was having menstrual cramps. By the time I went to my doctors appointment, I was having contractions. I was just sure that yesterday was going to be the day. I was quite uncomfortable. What went wrong? Why does my body do that? I understand it is not time, but if it is not time, why am I having all these symptoms? It is just not fare.

I called my doctors office to see if there is anything I can do to bring the baby down, and the nurse said "you are only 36 weeks, don't push it. It is better for the baby to stay in there for now." She has a point. I don't know why that did not dawn on me until she said it. I also asked my doctor yesterday if she was thinking about inducing me early, and she said that she would not think about it until the 39th week. That makes me feel better, I don't want to be induced. She will not let me go past 40 weeks, he will be way to big at that point. So, I can say, without a bit of hesitation, that Jackson will be here by July 26th. The end. That being said, I only have 26 days until the baby comes. That is nothing, I can do that.

No comments: