Monday, June 22, 2009

This weeks doctor update

So I had my ultra sound, non-stress test, and 35 week check up today. The ultra sound went well. He is estimated to be almost 7 pounds at this point. That is bigger than I was expecting, but the doctor is ok with it. My fluid level is still in the 20 ranges, which is just above normal. The non-stress test was fine. Good heart rate, only a few contractions, but nothing to worry about. Let me tell you how nice the quiet time is in that dark room. I actually like the time I get to listen to my little baby boys heart beating. It is our time.

That brings us to the doctors appointment. During the non-stress test the nurse checked my blood pressure, and it was a bit high. I guess they consider high for pregnancy 140/80, and it was 136/88. Don't forget that I am on meds that lower my blood pressure so I don't have contractions, so to have a "high" pressure on the meds was worrisome. She and I talked about any symptoms I have been having, and I mentioned to her that my stomach has been hurting for 2 days (not contractions, but sore to touch), and that I just don't feel right. I can not put my finger on what is wrong, I just feel weird. She did some reflex tests and she said that I am stiff, did not know that was a problem at the time. I knew where she was going with all of this... preeclampsia. She said she was going to have the nurse come back and recheck my blood pressure. She did, and it was a bit higher, I think 138/88, but had not gone down. Then it was off to the lab. They were going to draw some blood to get some base numbers to compare on if I get worse. Things I am to watch for are... blurry vision, flashes of light or floaters in my vision, headaches that wont go away, swelling in my hands and face. I am also not to skip my non-stress test on Thursday, they need to check my blood pressure again.

John is keeping an eye on me to see if my face is swelling, it is hard for me to notice changes in myself. He says that my lips have been swollen for 2 days, but I haven't noticed. I am worried. I looked it up on the internet, and some of the other symptoms are stiffness in joints (aka, my ankles were stiff in the office, so she said), lower back pain that is liver related (thought that I was just having a few contractions in my back), sudden weight gain (I gained 4 pounds last week alone). I am sure I am reading too much into all of this, but the fact that my doctor is worried, worries me. I can not help it. I don't want to be induced, I have talked about that before. What the hell else can go wrong with this pregnancy? Seriously?!?!

No comments: