Monday, June 8, 2009

Dear lord, now what...

So I started out with the non-stress test. That went well. Then I saw MY DOCTOR. I made a point of making the appointment with her, and not a someone I did not have a relationship with. I went in with a list of questions...

QUESTION-Can I stop taking the meds that hold off the contractions at 36 weeks. ANSWER- They like to stop the meds at 36 weeks!! Perfect.

QUESTION-Am I going to go into labor the day I quit taking the meds?
ANSWER- Some people do, most do not.

QUESTION- Does that mean that my husband and I can have "relations" at that point?
ANSWER- Yes.

QUESTION- Am I going to need another ultrasound to see how big this baby is getting?
ANSWER- Yes, scheduled for next Monday.

QUESTION- I know that the non-stress test showed I was not having contractions, but I have been having lower back pain all day, and have been feeling pressure down stairs for a few days now.
ANSWER- Lets check your cervix.
RESULTS- I have opened more... 2cm on the outside of my cervix and 1/2cm on the inside. Last time it was still closed on the inside.
SIDE EFFECT OF THE RESULTS- Come in next Monday and have your cervix checked again to see what has happened all week. I may have to get the steroid shots for the babies lungs if next week I have progressed more. I just hope I last that long.

I had a few more questions that were stupid, but I was just curious. OH, AND RANDI, NO THE BABY CAN NOT BREAK THE BAG OF WATER BY JUST PUSHING. DID NOT ASK IF IT COULD BREAK WITH A HARD SNEEZE THOUGH.

So, one more thing we talked about... my blood sugar levels. Every time I go in, they change my meds. This time, no more pills, she is putting me on insulin shots. Damn. She says it will help keep the number from shooting from the 40's to the upper 170's. I find that I get super sick really quick without any notice, and when I try to fix it, I end up being too high. I hope she is right.

So after leaving the appointment, the back pains got worse and I just don't feel right. I am sure it is because she checked me, but I am still uncomfortable. We will see.

No comments: