Saturday, June 13, 2009

What is new this week...

Well. Those of you that know me, know what has happened in the last few days with my finances. I am still in shock. The future is what I make of it now. The ball is in my court, I just have to keep up with it now. I CAN DO IT. I am super excited at this chance to regain control over my life. What a gift, to be able to be home with my family and not worry about how am I going to pay my bills!!!

That being said, I have focused on last minute touches. I went out and purchased hundreds of diapers yesterday. Today I got my hospital toiletries, and packed them in Jackson's diaper bag. His bag is ready to go. My bag is going to be harder to pre pack. The things I need in the hospital, are the same things I need every day. I will look for my bag tomorrow, and pack things like... slippers, socks, and baby book. I really don't know what more I can pack for now. I guess I can just leave everything else out so all I need to do is dump it in my bag. I am going to try to have my clothes clean all the time so again, I can just grab them. I am sure that when the time comes, we are going to need to rush out of the house. I just have the feeling this is going to be a quick labor, being my 3rd, and the fact that I live 30 minutes (without traffic) away from my hospital is freaking me out.

So if this baby doesn't come the day I stop taking my meds (June 27th), I am terrified he will choose to come while we are at Uncle Tom and Aunt Mary's house on the 4th. How horrible would that be. Number 1, I would hate for his birthday to be on the 4th of July. Number 2, it would take at least 2 hours to get home, and that is assuming there is 0 traffic.

I know, live in the now, don't worry about things I can not control. I know.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well, I guess first of all you're going to have see if you even can make it to your aunt & uncles. Second, if you stop taking your meds on the 27th, why are you risking going into labor while you're out of town? Where do they live? I knew you were going to the babyshower but that's before you stop taking your meds, isn't it?

I'm confused.

Cori's Stories said...

Yes mother, I am going to the shower on the meds still. I know it seems stupid to chance going out of town without them, but we really really want to go. I missed my family on Memorial Weekend, and this is the only other time I will get to see them ALL YEAR. I can not go a year without them!!! Maybe I will just get drunk, I hear that relaxes your uterus!!!!! Just kidding.