Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tax refunds

I am wondering why my refund is going to be less this year than last year. I always thought that I would get some money back for being a home owner. When we filed last year we had only owned the house 2 & 1/2 months, this time we owned it for 12 months. Our income was the same, give or take a few hundred ( no more than 1,000 ). We both claim 0, and have extra taken out for this time of year. Why, if nothing other than time of owning the house has changed, are we getting less that last year?? Any ideas out there? We have an appointment at H&R Block tomorrow night, just to see if I missed something, but I am sure it is what it is. I am not trying to go on some trip to France, I just want to pay my bills and fill the fridge. We really wanted to buy a freezer for the basement, and fill it with meat. We did want a night away from the kids before the baby comes, but I guess that will just not happen any time soon. I guess we will have to save for that.

We decided that we are going to skip our family road trip in May this year. We are going to go to Coulee still, but come home that Tuesday and not go anywhere else. We need to save John's vacation time for when the baby comes, that way if something happens with it, he can stay with me.

1 comment:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

The Bush tax cuts are over this year.