Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cori's got some new pants

So, I got my maternity pants today!!! I love them. I got both pair in the mail at one time. I was super excited to get them both today. Remember, I ordered them off the internet without trying them on or even seeing the details really. I love them. They are perfect, so far. I have been wearing my jeans for about an hour now, and the only faults I can find are... no pockets (but welcome to maternity pants) and the back of the jeans are much lower than the front (again, welcome to maternity pants, but we are talking butt crack hanging out and boobs tucked in). The length is good, not too long. Over all, I am quite pleased. It is a rare thing to get two things off the internet and be happy with both!!!

Today is a nice day, our basement has been flooding since 4 am Tuesday morning. It is still flooding, I can hear the pump on right now, but it is trickling out of the walls now, not spouting. Our basement floods with every horrible rain. If the rivers flood, so does my basement. It was built to flood, but it can be a pain in the butt too. We ended up getting a new pump yesterday (can not really afford it, but the old one was at least 20 years old) and it works so much better than the old one. The neighbors basement flooded too, however, it was not built to flood. John was over there for hours last night pumping and sand bagging with Mark. They had it under control by 10pm, there was more water going out then coming in. As of this morning at 8am when I got up, it has not rained at all. As a matter of fact, the back door is open and the sun is shinning in. It is a wonderfully beautiful day. Super windy, but the sun is soooo welcome at this point. The only thing that would make this day any better is if our W2's came in the mail, then it truly would have been the perfect day!!!!

5 comments:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

So are you getting wet down there?

Randi said...

so when did you order your pants? I ordered my pants on Sunday....and due to "adverse" weather conditions....they are freakin stuck in Redmond...and I paid extra to get them here by tomorrow! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I WANT MY KHAKI PANTS!!!

Debbie~ said...

Glad you got a new pump Cori, that will be so helpful and hopefully you guys won't have any mold problems!
Yeah, your new pants fit!!! Congrats on being comfy!!! Auntie, Debbie~

Cori's Stories said...

Uncle and Aunt... yes, we are very wet, but slowly drying out!!!

Cousin...I oredered the khakis on the 1st, and the jeans on the 5th. I was shocked to get both yesterday.

Aunt... Yes, the new pump is nice. I went down there before leaving for work last night, and the windows were fogged up, so I am concerned about molding as well.

CiaoBella! said...

Hi Cori! We came home from Ocean Shores yesterday and got detoured thru McCleary, past Little Creek, and onto 101 South (after fording the water across 109). I thought we would be close to your house but didn't know which way to go. I need a phone number for you guys so I can enter it into my cell phone and next time, we'll call!! Hope you are dry now. The beach here is fine, muddy brown water with lots of trees and debris floating by.