Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Second post today

So, Spencer has had some dental issues lately. We found out that he had 2 teeth that were next to each other that were "dead". They had to be pulled. I was quite upset the day I found this information out. My little baby had to have such a hard, painful procedure done. He went through it like a champ. No crying at all, no pain. I can not get over it. I had 1 wisdom tooth pulled and thought I was going to die. He is such a little man. He has to go back in 2 weeks and have a spacer put in, so that his teeth don't grow together before this grown up teeth come in. They say he wont get them until he is around 12. More bad news... may have to replace the spacer more than once in the next 6 years!!! Frustrating, very frustrating. He has had so many issues with his teeth. We are fed up with the pain for him and cost for us. The dentist says that sugar is the leading cause of his problems. I just wish that they would have told us that when we asked 2 years ago. I should have known, but the boy brushes at least twice a day. You would think that would be enough. Anyway, we have decided that sugar is just not worth it. Spencer is on board for a low sugar lifestyle. I know that there is no way we can go cold turkey, but we have switched to sugar free snacks, and juices. He brushes after any sugar he has, so we will see.

No comments: