Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potty training Day 1...

I decided that today was the day I would teach my daughter to go pee pee on the toilet. I got her some brand new big girl underwear and we had the talk. So far, I think she is understanding the concept of the toilet, but it is only day one.

I put her in her panties and told her she had to go potty on the toilet, that big girls do not go potty in their panties. That lasted about 10 minutes before she got the look. I saw her look down right quick, and was on her like ants on a hill. We rushed into the bathroom and she finished her business on the toilet. Very exciting!!! 10-15 minutes later (and a new pair of panties too) I was making her lunch, and heard the distinct sound of liquid hitting the ground. She was standing at the baby gate and let it go. It was very disturbing for her. She did not like it at all!!! Now that I think about it, I should have kept going, but I got frustrated and put her back in a diaper. My bad. She went a while without going, but decided since she was in a diaper it did not matter and did not even both to tell me she was going, and went pee pee in her diaper. We must have made 20 trips to the toilet today, all without any out come. Except for the fight about not brushing her teeth every time!! She loves to brush her teeth.

Later she came up to me and pointed to her butt and said "I poop". I checked her butt, and there was no poop. I asked her if she had to go poop, she said yes so we went to the bathroom. Nothing. Came back out, I smelt a fart, and we went back in. Nothing. Came back out and she pooped a little in her diaper. This time she came running up to me to tell me about it. We ran into the bathroom where she proceeded to finish (or what I thought was finish) pooping in the toilet!!!!! Can you believe it!! Day one and my baby girl has pooped on the big toilet!!! We came out, got a cookie (sugar free, thanks to Spencer. Another story I will get to), and texted daddy. That is when I smelt it. The little shit went (with her good girl for pooping cookie) into the corner and loaded her pants. Damn. So close. Oh well, that was just the first half of day one. Plenty of time to learn.

Keep posted to see how this thing called parenting goes. Ps, I will be buying a smaller toilet seat so she has a better place to plant it. It is a big hole and a little butt!!!

No comments: