Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My boo boo

So, if you don't know, I am accident pron. I especially am good at hurting my feet. This week has been a doosy... it started when I caught my baby toe on the baby gate and took a good chunk out of it. Whatever, I dealt with that one. Then on Sunday I found a sewing pin, with my middle toe. Again, not all that bad, the bleeding stopped eventually. Yesterday was the straw that broke my foot. I went to turn the heater on (by the way, it is September and I should not have to do that) and turned around and took a step. I was not watching where I was going and kicked the underside of the kids table that was upside down (Bella uses it as a dance floor). I had never noticed the massive razors installed, well ok, there were not really any razors, but it felt like it. I did some major damage to my big toe. I should have gone to the doctor for some stitches, but that would have been too much work. The pain is unmeasurable. I am having a hard time walking, and keep kicking things with it!! I will not be able to wear a shoe at work tonight, and there is a strict shoe requirement at THD. I called Kevin, the store manager, and he said that it would be ok if I got one of those shoes you wear over a cast. I think he is just glad I am coming to work still. I just hope they come in pink!!! When John saw it, he yelled at me for not going to the doctor. I have never cut myself bad enough, I have never needed stitches, so how was I to know?!?! Any who, it is too late, and it really does feel better than it did yesterday, except when I kick it. I will be making a trip to the local drug store and getting some padding for it, because I will NOT be hitting it on something at work tonight. It is the kind of pain that makes you want to throw up, and bad words come spewing from the head.

2 comments:

Denise said...

OMG Cori! Your poor toe. Bad things come in threes so you should be safe from now on.

Ryan and DeWayne Hetrick said...

Sorry Cori I know how that feels but i lifted my toenail up and that freakin kills as well i totaly feel your pain!!!