Friday, September 12, 2008

My bedroom

Well, we got the color on the walls of our bedroom. We painted the top half and the ceiling a beautifully warm yellow. Then we added a chair rail (it matches the door and window frames), painted it, the walls and trim on the bottom white. Today I am going to put the candlelight paint on the yellow parts. The candle light paint is a paint that adds sparkle to the color on the bottom. It doesn't really change the color of the paint, but just adds a texture that makes the room shine when the lights are on low, or if you are burning some candles. The texture resembles frost on a window, the way it reaches and connects. I have not seen it used before, but this is what the paint samples look like. I hope it works, it is $50 a gallon!!! We get our bed on Sunday, and then the room will be beautiful. I just can not wait to go to bed on Sunday night. I was going to get a new comforter, but I am a bit concerned about money. If I can find what I am looking for that is under $50, I may get it. I am sure I can find it at Walmart. God bless Walmart!! I am thinking something with reds and greens. I want the decor to be something that reminds me of being at Long Beach, or Florence. I love the feeling being in an old hotel at the beach gives me, and that is what I want our bedroom to feel like. I have bid on some really old sepia postcards from Heceta Head Lighthouse, and I am sure I will win. I also already have one from the Sea lion caves, it is old as well, from the 1940's. I plan on putting them in some big chunky black frames. I think the red that I find in a comforter and the black in the frames I place around the room will help me bring the lighthouse theme in. I don't want just any lighthouses, I want a very specific old look. I will know it when I see it. I just hope it will all look the way I want it to. I will post pictures when the bed is in, perhaps with a new comforter!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I've seen that paint texture before in a friends bathroom. It was beautiful. I didn't realize it was $50 a gallon. Perhaps I won't do my bedroom with it. Yikes!

Cori's Stories said...

50 plus you have to buy special rollers to put it on with, they were 7 and 4 dollars on top of that. the only reason i could afford to do it was because i paid for the yellow when we moved in, it has been just sitting around waiting to be used. so i only had to buy the white and the candle light. not too bad.