Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cori's bad bad mood

I have not enjoyed work the last week. I can not put my finger on exactly why. I think it is a lot of different things that add up to unhappiness. I have been a head cashier for 1 year now. I loved my job until the last week. I think other peoples negative attitudes are rubbing off on to me, and that makes me very mad.

There is a part time position open that I wanted, it is a sign making job. It is what it sounds like. It is a 20 hour a week job making and hanging signs. That would be my only responsibility while making signs. I would still be a head cashier, but I would make signs also. I could not do both jobs at the same time, so I would have to dedicate certain days for each job. Not a big deal, but I could make it work. I just need a break. I want to love my job again. I wish I could work 40 hours a week, and split it between the sign making job and being a head cashier. I just can not come up with that much time, and still be a productive member of society. I need sleep too. If I did not have to get up at 8am to get the boy ready for school, I could stay later at the Poe, but the truth is, 12am is the latest I can physically put in at work and still be ok. Again, I wish I could find the time to do everything I wanted to do at work. Damn time and its restrictions.

I am super excited about next weekend. I took Friday-Tuesday off for the Columbus weekend before it was canceled. I could have canceled my vacation, but that would be crazy. John decided to take a 3 day weekend so we could spend some quality time as a family. I can not wait. We have to finish our bedroom. I know what your thinking, what could she possible add... it is beautiful as is. Our closet is a mess. I would love to be able to actually put my clothes away and not just leave them on the kitchen table or the dryer. Sounds like a plan doesn't it!!! The closet is not that big, bit I think once I go through all the cloths that are in there, and get rid of all the old stuff, I will have plenty of room. We also have a dresser that we have not used for over a year and a half. The dresser is big, but the drawers are not that useful, so I can not put lots of things in there. I plan on putting shelves in the middle of the closet, to divide it in half. That way John will have his side and I will have mine. The shelves will be for tee shirts and shorts. I figure I will put strange things that never fold well in the dresser... socks and underwear, swimsuits, unmentionables ect... . I want to say it will not be that much work, but usually when I say that, it turns into a 4 week project. Wish me luck!!! Don't worry, I will post before and after pictures!!

No comments: