Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guess what!!

So John and I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a year now. My old body can NOT handle it any more. We went out yesterday and purchased a mattress for us and one for when Bella is old enough. We also got a new recliner. I am super stoked, but we have to wait 10 days for our stuff to come in. Poop. My gosh, I can not even picture what a good nights sleep will feel like. I am sooooo excited. We got a good one too, cost a ton of money. We had to get the split box springs because we could not fit a normal one up the stairs (the reason we were sleeping on the floor in the first place). Do you know how freaking expensive a split queen size box spring cost!?!? 300.00 freaking dollars!!! Highway robbery I tell you.

The chair was a last minute thing, but John has always wanted a nice recliner, and now he has one. This one chair cost more than our couch and love seat together. Merry Christmas John!!! God bless 0% financing!!!

So for Christmas I am going to redo Bella's bedroom, make it all pretty. I was debating getting her a new bed or just using Spencer's toddler bed. When this opportunity came up, we had to get her a new bed. We only got her a mattress, because I am going to make her headboard myself. We also passed on the box spring for her, because this way she is closer to the floor if she falls out, plus the sales person said we did not need one with the mattress we got. Her bed was only $150.00, crazy talk. I will have to visit the Goodwill for the parts for her frame, or Craig's list. Now I just have to find the perfect green comforter for her bed, so I can add patchwork to it.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I can't wait to see her room. Spencer looked very handsome on his first day.

Debbie~ said...

I can't believe he's in 1st.grade already!!! He looks sooo handsome!!!
Send pictures when you get her room done!