Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ok, I have a 30 minutes

So, why have I been so busy? Well, I have started my little business venture. I purchased all the tools I could possibly need, and have been working for a week. It is so much fun. I have made a few things, and frankly they are all tooooo cute. I am will be getting allot of things finished this weekend and will be putting them up on Ebay by Tuesday. I am going to be honest. I have copied allot of my ideas. I figure all ideas come from someone elses ideas. Of course they are not identical, but close enough. What is the difference if I purchase and resell, or make and sell. I am making things that I love, I have pretty good taste, so if I would buy it then I figure it will sell.
I have not told very many people about be working on these projects. As a matter of fact, I have not even told my parents. Talk about hard. I am going over to their house tomorrow so dad can teach me how to use Ebay. I told a few of my friends at work, but I am just afraid of people being negative about it, and I wanted to make sure I could do it before I told people about it. I am very confident in the fact that my stuff will sell. I have been working very hard this week to see how much I can make with the little amount of time I have. I go down in the basement while Bella is napping, and cut every thing I need to cut, then I bring it up and paint it while she is awake. It seems to be working out just fine. I will be spending more time in the basement while John is home, that way he can keep his eye on the baby. Spencer is pretty much self sufficient, so he has been hanging out in the basement with me. I love the company, and he love to play down there. I am nervous about telling my parents tomorrow. I know I am doing the right thing, I just hope they think so too. Yes I have had to put allot of money into this, but I see the return being large enough that this is worth the effort. Here is my selling plan. I am going to use Ebay and Aunt Debbie's site, Etsy. I will also be having some garage/craft sales (Plan on putting all the money I make at the garage sale part of it back into my crafts). I will also be driving out to Yelm and have a garage/craft sale out there. My BFF Jessie lives there, and she has plenty of crap to throw into a garage sale. I would love to have one in Olympia too, but I don't know anyone there that would want to have a garage sale. I have ordered a book that has all the information on bazaars and craft sales in Oregon and Washington for August 2008-July 2009, just waiting on it to get here. I DO NOT have nearly enough stuff for doing that yet. I still need to make more more more. The plan is to start some time in Febuary'ish on the bazaar and craft sale circuit. I will also put together some sort of catalog, perhaps come up with some sort of web site, but again, not for a while.
I am super stoked about this. I am loving the craft making, I just hope I don't get tired of doing it. I hope doing crafts does not get old, because I love doing it so much. Ok, I want to hear all your positive comments on what I am doing, I have put some pictures of all the things I have made in the last 5 days, tell me what you think.





This is a garland, about 4'5". The detailed pictures follow it.



This is a wall hanging. It is the first one I made, and I like it, but I don't think it is good enough to sell for very much. I have gotten much better. Like the painting, but the cutting sucks.
These are for hanging stockings.

These are "hat boxes", but together it is just a bit bigger than a big coffee cup. I really this one.
Another wall hanging. It has glitter on it, but it is hard to see in the picture.
I am not finished with this. Not sure how I am going to connect them. There is black glitter on the black paint. TTTOOOOOO cute!! Get it, it is Santa's belt.
I cut every piece of wood out my self, sanded it all and painted them. I made my own stencils too. Damn I am good.

3 comments:

Sascha said...

those r really super cute

Debbie~ said...

So cute Cori, good job, I'M SO PROUD OF 'YOU'!!! I love that you're loving it!!! This may be hard, but one thing I've learned through the years is that people LOVE,LOVE, LOVE, their kids names in print, their last names etc...so if you could set up a few alphabets with of course tons of vowels, and if you're at a Christmas Bazaar, you could whip up a few names and of course charge a "Specialty" price for doing it on the spot!!! Just an idea...:) Keep up the creativity and like you say, hope you don't burn out...I have super problems with ADD and it's hard for me to stay on one thing without burnout...Love ya, Aunt Debbie~

Anonymous said...

All of these crafts reminds me of your grandma. They all look great I wish you luck in this new adventure.