Monday, August 4, 2008

August 4th already?!?!

Wow. I have so many things on my mind that I want to do before Christmas, and today is August 4th!! I kind of wish time could slow down just a smidge. Ok, here is my list of things to do. They all have different time lines, and will not be in any order.

I still need to finish getting school clothes for Spencer. Looks like I have until September 3rd.
Bella's birthday. Lots of decorations to make still.
Presents for Bella's birthday.
Christmas presents (stress stress stress).
Halloween decorations. Lots to make.

I think that is all that I have to do.

John just called. It looks like my second job is really ending after all. Wow, my tummy hurts. I am torn. I really am happy that I wont have the stress of getting all that work done, with the little time I have. But what will I do without that extra $400 a month. That is a big deal. I am already picking up more hours at work. The only thing I can think about is picking up 1.5 Wed and Thur. I have to wait until the first full week in November, that is when the hours at THD change. I will actually be loosing out on some hours, because we will close at 9 and not 10. Again that is a big deal. By picking up the 1.5 2 times a week, I will make up for the loss of closing early. Oh well. I really wish I could work more. I wish I did not have to pay someone to watch my kids, and I wish there were more hours for me at work. Why can't I have the best of both worlds.

I decided for Christmas I am going to redo Bella's room. I am going to paint it, and get her a new big girl bed. I want to get her new bedding for that new bed too. I was thinking of making her a head board, I have a really cute idea for it. It "shouldn't" cost too much to do it. It is just plywood and a few pieces of trim. Should be cute. I am thinking for her bed set, I will just convert the comforter I made for her crib set, into a full size comforter. I will do some sort of quilt thing with it. I have it all figured out. It should be cute. I have picked out the paint samples, but I have some pink paint left over from her first bedroom, I may just use that to save money. I will have to buy a gallon of the green. Maybe I will just repurchase the pink, or get a quart, for touch ups. I am thinking white ceiling, half pink (on top), white chair rail in the middle, and green bottom. Trim and doors will be white too. Her head board will be white, and I need to look for a used dresser that I can paint, or figure out how to paint her press board dresser. I also would love to get a rug, but that is not on my list of things to do in there. Now Bella and Spencer will have nice rooms. John and I however, will not. Oh well.

Let me ask this question. Do we use our tax return to buy the bed we so desperately need, or do I prepay for a year of school. I need to go to school so I can get my bakery started, but should I pay for it or finance it? There is always something to do, isn't there?!?!

No comments: