Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No more working from home, thank God!!

Ok, I am not going to lie. I am super happy about not doing the "pink card" job anymore!!! I feel freedom right now. I am so excited that my days will not be filled with time lines. It is going to give me so much free time to work on my crafts. John is with me on this one, I think. I think his only concern is... will she follow through?. Well, if I am not making any money from my second job, this will be my way to make up for that. It is almost like this came to us as a blessing, I would not have has the time to decade to my projects if I was still working both jobs. Plus, if I hear Spencer say one more time "can't you just quit that job, I want to play with you", I will freak out. I am in the room, yet I am a world away when I am working. Not good parenting. Even with picking up the extra hours, I will still have more time for my kids. Plus this way, they get a permanent play date with the coolest babysitter ever. So many thoughts so little time. Well, I just emailed my "pink card" boss, told him that if I had my choice, I would like to finish out the week. Just waiting to hear back from him. He is super cool, and I am sure he will not have an issue with that. I am sort of sad that it is ending, sort of!!!

My motto... EVERY THING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. I have always said this, and always will. The other day, we were in the negative in our checking account (not because of lack of funds, but because we are lazy and forgot to go in and deposit some checks). That was the day we went to Costco. I was feeling guilty about spending all that money when our account was just so messed up. I sort of wanted to wait and let it settle down and make sure we were going to be ok. I was sitting in my car thinking this in the Costco parking lot waiting for John (took 2 cars, we got that much stuff!!). I looked down between the seats, and noticed some papers. Anal me could not stand the clutter, so I started cleaning them out. I opened an envelope, and inside was a $100 check. What the heck, it was from the end of June. JUNE!! You would think that I would have noticed we were missing $100?!?! This just makes my EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON point more solid. At that point, I was ok with the money we were spending on food. Everything was going to be ok. That leads me to my next point. Last month, John had the smallest check he has had as a service wrighter. It was stressful because we were also unsure about my second job. We paid our bills, and had gas and food, but there was no extra money. He found out yesterday that his next paycheck will literally be the biggest he has ever gotten in his entire life. We are talking huge. This is going to give me the chance to get my projects started without stressing about how much money we have left. I will also get the chance to get the one bill that is a bit behind, all caught up. NICE WITH A CAPITAL N!!! I am not a religious person, but things like this make me wonder who is looking out for us. I like to think we are good people, and that the universe will balance itself out for John and I. I am going Christmas shopping!!

I do not tell these stories to make myself look good, I tell them because we are family, and who else can you share stories like these with. Trust me, I am sure the month of December will be the sad side of funds, and you will have to read that stuff!!

No comments: