Monday, November 17, 2008

Now that I can talk about it

Keeping my secret has been so hard. So many things to blog about. Lets start with my symptoms. With Spencer, the only symptom I had was me throwing up the night before the test was positive. Only once. I later has acne on my shoulders and back, but that is it. Best pregnancy ever!! With Bella, I really had little symptoms, except cramping during the entire pregnancy. Cramping is normal, especially for the second child. That time I did not have any puking, but from weeks 6-12 I felt a bit sick. I did not get acne either. Now, moving on to the middle and end of that pregnancy, I felt horrible. I had Braxton Hicks contractions all the time. My back hurt no matter what I did, even doing the dishes was hard. I was in so much pain that time. I think if I was stronger going into that pregnancy it would have been easier, but I was very weak (muscle wise that is).

That takes us to the last week and a half. I could have told you the second I "got pregnant". I don't mean in the bedroom, when you are in the process of conceiving, you don't "get pregnant" for a few days. I have been cramping all freaking month. I had my period cramps for a few days, then cramped really bad when I was ovulating, and then have been cramping for the last week from being pregnant. I have not puked, but sometimes I think I may. I am freaking exhausted this time too. I even spotted this time, where I never did that with my first 2 pregnancies. Again, spotting is ok, just telling mommy that baby has found it home for the next 36 weeks!! Now, I don't want you guys to think I am complaining, just comparing my symptoms.

I have decided that, this being my last pregnancy, I am going to take this one day at a time. I am sure I will be eating my words in 36 weeks, but I don't want to be induced. I want to be rushed to the hospital in labor!! Crazy I know, but I have always been induced. I have never gotten to experience the "am I in labor? Is this it?" part of being pregnant. If baby is not here for 37 weeks, then so be it. I hear that being pregnant a third time, you start showing faster, and that your ligaments are all stretched out making it more painful. I will not be leaving work until the last minute, I will use one of those motorized carts if I have to!!!! I, again, am going to take this one day at a time. I am totally looking forward to my maternity clothes though!! God bless elastic pants!!

BOY OR GIRL??
To be perfectly honest, I don't care. I have one of each already, so I am happy no matter what I get. I did not save any of Spencer's baby clothes, so if it is a boy I will have to get all new baby clothes. I did keep all of Bella's clothes, so it would be cheaper to have a girl. But as long as "Twinkle" (baby's name until we know what it is, Spencer named it) is healthy and everything goes as planned, I am one happy mommy!!!

4 comments:

Pat and Allison Punteney said...

Spencer, Who's your favorite Uncle? We need to talk boy! Twinkle?? Whats that about?

I guess I am gonna have to come visit one of these weekends to buy you donuts and straighten you out.

Uncle Pat

Denise said...

I was so excited to tell everyone the news last night when I got home from work. I opened the door and said "guess who is pregnant"? Madison and Megan both shouted "Cori"! Megan smirked at me and said (with attitude) "My Space Mom". Darn it!

Cori's Stories said...

1) Uncle Peppy, Twinkle is a cute name. It is not like we are going to keep it, Bella was Smudge until we knew what she was. But yes, you should come stay with us and please brings donuts!!! Donuts are my crack!!

2) Denise, I waited to post it on Myspace until I had blogged about it. Those darn kids of yours must be on Myspace as much as I am!!!

Denise said...

Probably so. That's why they are doing homework until 8pm.