Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

So this year I am not putting any unnecessary stress on myself when it comes to Christmas shopping. For the last few years John and I have been the last ones to get anything, as parents usually are, when the money ran out we just made due with what we had. This year I started buying the kids presents early, so that we would have money left over for the little things... the tree, any extra decoration I may want and our gifts. I am super excited about the gift I have gotten John. I still have a few more rad things to get for him, and this will officially be the best Christmas he has ever had!! You can quote me on that!!

Don't even get me started on Spencer's gift. I can tell you what I am getting him, be can read but is not quite smart enough to read this... so... we are getting him a guinea pig!!!! I could not be any more excited about it!! My super awesome neighbor knows a person that is giving us a baby one!! I am not sure if it is a "baby" one, or just a younger one. I guess they had some babies born this week, but they would not be ready in time. John got his weekly bonus today, and it is more than enough to pay for the cage and all the supplies for our new little piggy!!! The neighbors are also soooooo RAD, that they will actually be watching the piggy for us for a few weeks!! Too cool, huh!! I can not wait to see the look on Spencer's face when he opens that gift on Christmas morning. Best Christmas ever!!! I am not going for quantity this year, but for quality. Bella is getting a super present too, she will be getting a Bear Mill cat, and a backpack to carry it around in! I know, not as cool as Spencer's gift, but when she is older, she will get better gifts. She still has no clue what Christmas is. Not to mention, I have been stricken with the problem my mom has had all these years, a birthday the week of Christmas. Very hard!!! Will get more hard!!! Thank God we have a big family that goes crazy at Christmas and birthday time!!

FYI- TO FAMILY THAT BUYS ME GIFTS... CHRISTMAS, BIRTHDAY OR FUTURE BABY SHOWERS!!...I need gift cards for The Home Depot!! I have lots of bedrooms that need painted and trimmed out now!!! I had planned on going all out on Bella's room, but now I have a new bedroom that will need to be done too, and I can not go crazy on 2 rooms with our income. I told my mom she should get me a gallon of semi-gloss white paint for Christmas!!! I can always have it tinted when I know what "Twinkle" is going to be!!! We were luck enough that Spencer's room was painted a blueish green color when we moved in. Bella's is yellow, but I would love nothing more than to put it back to the way I had it at the old house, pink on the top and green on the bottom. If "Twinkle" is a boy, I am doing a sea theme in the down stairs bedroom, if it is a girl, I have no idea as of this point. I may do the sea theme, but make it a bit more girlie with some dolphins, mermaids ect...

I am pretty excited that today is my Monday, then I get a day off!! I was going to work all day Saturday and Sunday, but we are going to get our Christmas tree a week early this year, and are going on Sunday. That being said, I am now getting off at 1, not 4:30, so the sun will still be up. I am not sure where we are going, but I know that neighbors have been there before and are excited to take us. I also can not wait. Maybe we can have hot cocoa when we get home!! I can not wait to decorate this year. I am going to use all the decoration that I could not sell. I love them and they will go with my decoration. My colors this year are red, green and white. I will have the Elvis tree in our room, with all my lovely Elvis decorations in there for me to see when I wake up. The living room with be red, green and white. I am not sure, but I would love to have another tree in the kitchen with the family ornaments on it, but that will be the first tree that goes if money does not allow.

2 comments:

Debbie~ said...

Congrats Cori, John, Spencer & Bella!!! I have been super busy and have not read blogs very often, so you can imagine how incredibly surprised I was to be reading todays blog, and then I happen to look to the right and see your sweet picture and then I SEE...@@> Pregnant mother of 2...WOOT!
Congrats on your little TWINKLE :)
ps. I hope you get over being so tired real quick...Have you started your pre-natal vitamins yet?
Love ya, Auntie Debbie~

Cori's Stories said...

Yeah, I started them yesterday. I never took them with Spencer or Bella, but I need them this time!!