Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sick things that happen to you when your pregnant

So I totally lost my mucus plug this morning!! I am sure there is more up there, but a big ol' chunk came out this morning. I am super excited. I spent the day cleaning my kitchen yesterday. Could that be the "sudden burst of energy" they speak of?

I literally woke up and got to work. I started by folding all the laundry in the house. My normal thing to do is to wash it, dry it and just put it on the kitchen table. It is such a pain in the ass to find anything. Stuff falls on the ground, the cats sleep on it and it all gets hairy. I hate it. I wish I had the energy to fold/hang it and put it away, but I don't. John and I once made a deal (that has never really be followed threw on) that if I washed/dried/folded/hung the laundry, he would put it all away. I am fine with that, but if I spend the time doing all that work, I want the laundry put away that day. Not sitting around, being moved 30 times getting all messed up and unfolded. Anyway, my point to this is that there was at least 10 loads of laundry sitting on and near the table. Not to mention the loads that still needed to be washed. I got it all done. Well, I have had to wash 2 this morning because the family dirties clothes like crazy. Know what I just thought of... 5 people + 5 showers/baths a day= 1 load of towls a day. When I was done with the laundry, I washed the bench and table. Then I swept under everything and organized the laundry area. It looks amazing over there. I was not done yet! I did all the dishes, cleaned off the fridge and microwave (the 2 places we put random stuff), cleaned under the toaster, around the canisters and cleaned the drip pans on the stove. My kitchen (minus the floor, I could not stand by the time I was done, so I could not mop) looks amazing. I know feel that I can have this baby, and someone can come over and watch my kids without me being mortified about my house. I just have to clean the bathroom and the house will be perfect. My room does not count!! It is not dirty, just not perfect. Ok, it is a bit dirty. By the time I was done, it was in the 5pm hour. I did take a few sit down for 5 minute breaks, and a 30 minute nap just so I could keep going.

I am tired of looking at the signs of impending labor, because I have had them for weeks and weeks. I am not going to read too much into either one of the ones I have had in the last few days.

No comments: