Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pregnancy

I love being pregnant. This pregnancy has definitely been the hardest one yet though. The heartburn has kicked in rather quick this time. Thank God for Zantac!!! I have been uncomfortable already, and that worries me. By the end of the night, my back is really sore. I am just glad that I had lost some weight before getting pregnant, it will help with my back as I get more pregnant. I just have to get my arms and legs back in shape for the birth. My doctor believes in doing it yourself. I was so sore after giving birth to Bella, in my arms from holding my own legs and pulling them back. I think my arms were the most sore out of anything that could be sore after squeezing a human out of a little hole!!! I can't wait for the weather to get better so we can go for walks as a family. It never fails that it is raining, or about to rain when we are all home together and want to go for a walk.

I am just hoping that I can make it until the end of my pregnancy, healthy and working everyday still. I need that last minute money before going on leave. I get 12 weeks off, and that is a long time without money. I have short term disability, so that will pay me for my time off. I have no idea what I will be getting, I know what a co-worker got when she took her 12 weeks off, but she was working more hours than me and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I wish I could get some answers, but all I ever here is, you just have to wait and call right before you go on your leave. I hope it goes off your pay, and not hours. I know I make a lot more now then she made then, and she got a $700.00 check for her time. That would be so helpful to get a big check like that. I know it is just a few weeks pay, but any money will help.

You know how in the old days, when some one had a baby, or a death in the family, everyone would make you meals to freeze? Well, that is exactly what I need. I would love to get like 5-6 meals to stick in my freezer for when the baby comes home, and that way I can just stick them in the oven and have a good meal for the family. Gosh, how freaking helpful would that be?!?!

I have decided that I will not let anyone throw me a baby shower this time. I feel like because this is my third baby, I don't deserve one. Instead, I am going to have a painting party. I think that would be fun, and way more helpful than anything any one could do for me. I think I am going to send invites out with a list of things that are going to be needed to paint the room. For instance, tape, brushes, rollers ect... . They would have to RSVP so I knew we had enough items to paint, and I would of course provide the paint. We could have food and music and I think it would be fun. The room is big enough that we could have 5 or 6 people in there painting and there would still be enough room to move around (as long as there is nothing in there!). I should probably get on that, so I can give people time to think of what item they want to bring. Please don't take offence to what I am about to say, I DO NOT mean it in a rude or mean way. I will probable not be inviting any family from up North, only because again, been there done that, third baby. I would hate them to drive hours to just paint my house!!! I would never turn down a gift!!!, but I would not expect anyone to drive here for me. That being said, I hope to get an invite to a certain someones baby shower if she so choose to have one!!! I think you know who you are, Randi!!

No comments: