Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The maddness is almost over

I am so happy that Christmas is almost over. What a disappointing holiday this has been. I love snow and all, but we had to cancel the thing at my mom and dads, could not go to Yelm for John's family thing, and Bella's birthday party because of the snow. My dad is going to take us out to lunch tomorrow, but he says if it snows tonight, we will have to cancel that too. The only thing I have to hold onto it the fact that the parents, and my mom and dad will NOT cancel Christmas eve and Christmas day!!! No matter the weather, we will be there!!!

On the bright side, John and I have had last Sunday-this coming Thursday off. I also had Saturday off, but he had to work. He is out getting last minute stocking stuffers for me, and a gift for my dad that we just could not find. Later I will go to the dollar store to finish the kids stockings too. We pulled out the gifts for the kids, and realized that Bella had more gifts than Spencer, so John is also getting him one more. I think I had more for Bella because of her birthday, but since we canceled the party, she did not get them (worst birthday ever!!!), so I put two aside, and am giving her the rest for Christmas. We are going to do her party some time in January, and I will get her something else then.

This snow is just amazing to me. I thought for sure that it would have melted, or at least started melting, by now. I had to mail some bills out, and could not get to the mail box!! It is just crazy. I look forward to the day I can just get in the car and go again.

DOG UPDATE...
So Maggie has fit in just fine in the Tenney house hold. She has had an accent or 4, but still, compared to another puppy I have met, she is the best puppy ever. The only problems we are having right now are... Spencer thinks that when she is playing with him, that she is biting him. He doesn't quite understand that is how a puppy plays. Second... She is afraid of cats. I know, big bad German Shepard afraid of cats. It is a big problem though. You would think that the freaking cats had a knife to her neck, with how much she freaks out when they sneak up on her. She yelps like crazy and wont stop until we run in to save her and comfort her. Seriously, the biggest wimp I have ever met.

3 comments:

Debbie~ said...

I know how you feel Cori, last year was my worse Christmas, since your Nana died. I was sick for a month!
Now SNOW (and I even wished for it)... I'm really going to be careful for what I wish for, from now on...:(! Cancelling so many holiday gatherings we were looking forward too, has been the pits!
Enjoy the rest of Christmas with your family and your Mom & Dad!!!
We'll see you in a couple of weeks! :) I hope I get to see your house!!!
Merry Christmas!!! Love,
Aunt Debbie~

CiaoBella! said...

Merry Christmas, Cori and Family!!
We love you! The snow will fly away soon!! I'm sure the kids loved Christmas just as much, even with lots of snow!!

Debbie~ said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Happy Birthday Toooo YOUUUU!
Happy Birthday Dearrrrr Coriiiiiiiiii, Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Love YOU, Aunt Debbie & Jerry too!!!