Monday, December 15, 2008

8 week OB appointment


I had my doctor appointment today. It went well. I was happy that my doctor was happy to see me again. Her first question was "was this an intentional pregnancy!", only because it took so long and so much work to get pregnant with Bella. Any way, she did the pelvic thing, and yes there is a baby in there. I had a deep down fear that there was not a baby in there. I was asking her if the blood test I took on Friday came back yet, and she said it did and that my HCG levels were in the 50,000 range. I had been wondering if I was pregnant with twins. My symptoms have been much worse this time, and I am already showing. People at work have noticed, and I can really tell too. While she was doing my pelvic exam, she asked if I had to go potty, I said that I had just given them my sample, and that I did not have to go. At that point I was freaking out. Between the HCG levels, and the fact that my uterus was bigger than expected was too much. I already had an ultrasound scheduled for this coming Wednesday, but she wanted me to get one right then. I was really really freaking out at that point. Anyway, to the point of my little story... I had the quick ultrasound, and no, there is not 2 babies in there, only one. Thank God. I know it is hard to see, but the picture is of "Twinkle". I am 8 weeks and 2 days today, and according to the ultrasound lady, that is right on track with what it is measuring.

No comments: