Friday, December 26, 2008

The big 31

Turning 30 was a big deal to me. I was quite upset about it. I have to say, I did my best to not act or look my age. When someone asks me "how old do you feel...", I use to say 12. Even after I had Spencer, my answer was 12. I don't feel 12 any more. I feel like I am twentysomething. With every thing that I have, there is no way I could be 12. "12 year old gives birth to 3rd baby", yeah, that doesn't sound right. No, I feel 25-27. I will always picture my mom as 27, and now that I have so much going on in my life, I see myself more as my mom. So, I will now say... 27.

That being said, I will be 31 in 40 minutes. If you want to get technical, I was born at 2:27am, but I count midnight as my birthday. I love my birthday. What a special day a birthday is. I always stay up until midnight the night before so I can "ring in" my birthday. This year John is staying up with me. I can only thank myself, because if I had not gotten him the play station, he would be crying about how sleepy he is, and how he can't do it. I have no special plans for tomorrow. I have to work, and the entire day at that. I am sort of sad, but I have had so much time off work, there is just no way I could have taken tomorrow off. I get Monday-Thursday off next week too, so that will be super rad. Mom and Dad are going to come over on Sunday, and Dad is making his famous stuffed noodles with Alfredo sauce. Freaking amazing!!! Mark, Kyla and Mikey are coming over too. I can not wait for my parents to meet them (they are the neighbors across the street). They are the coolest people, and I know they will get along really well. 35 MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I have convinced John to leave my gifts out for me (he and I have to work tomorrow, him in the am, and me in the pm, so I wont see him until 10:30 tomorrow night and I can not wait that long to get them!!!). He wanted to give them to me tonight, but I know Spencer would be sad if I got them without him being there to see, so I am waiting until Spencer and I can open them together. I only wish that Bella could have had a birthday party, but the freaking snow (and lack of money) cause that to not happen this year. I was going to just have it in January, but I think I have decided that we are just going to skip it all together and give her a 3rd birthday to remember!!! It will be my best one yet, this I promise her.

28 MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!! So we had a pretty good Christmas, minus all the events that were canceled because of the stupid snow. We spent Christmas Eve at John's parents house. I look forward to that every year, it is one of my favorite days, and spending it there is always fun. We did Christmas day at my parents house. Again, love doing that. It is always nice to spend the day with them, and have them cook wonderful meals for us. Good memories, and times. I am usually sad that the season is coming to an end, but I am sort of relieved that it is over. I am looking forward to the new year, and every thing that it has to offer. I don't like to do this, but here are 09 resolutions for 2009...

1) Be more organized. I mean with physical things.
2) Pay the bills on pay day!!!! This is a big problem for me, and always gets me in trouble.
3) Plan ahead financially.
4) Do at least 1 load of laundry (wash, dry, fold and put away) every day.
5) Explain things to my kids, and not raise my voice.
6) Wash my face before bed.
7) Have 2 garage sales in 2009, selling my projects, and crap from the house.
8) Cook at home more often, eat less fast food.
9) Paint the living room.

17 MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!! So tomorrow I am 10 weeks pregnant. Very exciting. It is just so shocking how fast time goes bye. I am sad that my baby girl is 2 already, and my boy is going to be driving in 9 freaking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked that magic 8 ball again tonight what the baby is, and again it said with out any hesitation that it is a boy. I have thought it was a boy from the day I knew I was pregnant (not found out, because I knew I was pregnant before the tests knew). 11MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!! Man I want to go to bed. I am beat today. We all got up at 8 this morning. I keep doing this thing where I get up at between 2-5 am, and can't sleep. I just end up coming down stairs and watching TV for a hour or so. I think it is because I am hot and thirsty and have to pee. It works out fine, because the dog is also thirsty and has to pee, so I guess it is for a good reason. I was thinking about it the other day, and there has only been a hand full of night where I have slept through the night since Spencer came into the picture. Now I have at least 2 more years of getting up all night long. This is why people have babies in their 20's, not 30's. I am old and tired. 7 MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!! I could go for some sweets right now. Oh, you know what I ate today... smoked oysters. I love smoked oysters. When I was just pregnant with Bella, I could not get enough of them. I would make a pit stop on the way home from work at 11pm and get 2 or 3 containers of them. They are goooooood! 3 MINUTES UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!

OK, IT IS MY BIRTHDAY NOW, SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THAT WITH ME, BUT EVERY ONE SHOULD STAY UP UNTIL THEIR BIRTHDAY, IT IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOLE. THANK YOU AUNT DEBBIE FOR LEAVING ME THAT NOTE 45 MINUTES BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!!! LOVE YOU TOO DECEMBER BABY!!

2 comments:

Debbie~ said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Happy Birthday Toooo YOUUUU!
Happy Birthday Dearrrrr Coriiiiiiiiii, Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Love YOU, Aunt Debbie & Jerry too!!!

CiaoBella! said...

Happy Birthday,Cori!! We love you and miss you and hope your snow disappears in a hurry! Tell us all about your presents!!
UT and AM