Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sleep little baby, sleep


Well, I think we are on the edge of naps going away. I put Bella down about 30-45 minutes ago, and she is just having a blast playing, but not sleeping. I can hear her squealing, thumping and talking. I have also heard the distinct sounds of her Cabbage Patch Kids hitting the floor (twins, they have both gone over). I NEED her to take naps. I will go crazy if she is done with naps. We went through this yesterday too, and it took her 75 minutes to fall asleep, and then I had to get her up a short time later to go pick up Spencer at school. She gets a ton of sleep at night, about 10-11 hours, so I am sure that is why she is not napping any more. That and she is getting old :( .


So, being a home owner can suck ass. Just within the last week this has happened... We found the roof upstairs has been leaking and the walls were wet. Water has pooled under the paint making little pockets of water. Great, I know. My mom is freaking me out about mold, but until we know that the leak is fixed, we cant really do anything about the drywall. I am sure that this will be a huge pain in my ass.


Then... a few months after we moved in, Spencer accidentally dropped a glass in the bathroom sink down stairs and cracked it. It was fine, not leaking, but in the last few weeks the crack has gotten bigger and bigger. Yesterday it gave out. We had to replace it. It was a pedestal sink, and we decided to get a vanity. I love the choice I made, however, nothing is ever as easy as it should be. It would have been fine, but there is a baseboard making it so the sink can not be pushed up to the wall (aka, the way to glue it down). We then went to pull the baseboard out when Johns 5-in-1 broke off behind it. That is when he decided he was done for the night. So, we still have no sink in the bathroom, and now have to paint because the baseboard took allot of paint off with it. Damn it. Where is the freaking landlord when you need him!! We plan on redoing the entire bathroom some day, rearranging it so it flows better, but we just can not afford that project right now. John wants to just do it now, what better time, but again, we can not afford it. Not with the holidays coming up, and them cutting our hours back at work for the season.


So all this comes at a wonderful time. I still have to make Halloween costumes, a coffin, a guillotine, work, clean ect..... Wow, I want to regress and be a baby again. I want my mommy again.

1 comment:

Debbie~ said...

Maybe you can keep her up a little later(at night) if Mommy needs her (Bella's) nap time!!! :)I use to think when your cuz was Bella's age, that his nappy was as important to me, as it was for him!!! I could rest or get tons done! Aunt Debbie~