Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to real life

It is nice to be getting back to normal. It was nice to have my mom here, but now that she is gone things are getting back to normal. Jackson is fitting in really well. I was worried about how Bella was going to deal with him, but turns out she likes him. Good thing too. There was one time where Spencer had to stop her from hurting him, but I don't think she did it to hurt him. She was going to lay on him, just like she does with Spencer. She just does not realize how small the baby is. Other than that she is doing fine. There is a time or two a day where she is jealous of the baby, but that is normal. She wants to sit on my lap when he is. It can be overwhelming some times, but that is something that I will just have to deal with.

I am looking forward to the day when he sleeps for longer than 2-3 hours at night, but at the same time I don't want him to get too big too quick. This being my last baby, I am really wanting him to grow REALLY SLOW. I love the baby stage. John likes the older baby stage, like 9 months. I dig new borns. I feel this connection with Jackson, like he knows what I am saying to him. I did not have that with Bella, and Spencer and I did not mesh well for like 2-3 weeks after he was born. I was afraid of babies when I had Spencer. Jackson is going to be mommies boy, for sure.

The breastfeeding is going really well. There is the occasion now and then where he gets a bottle. Sometimes he just does not get enough milk from me, and then I will give him a bottle. Like last night. I nursed and nursed and he was still hungry. I almost wonder if he was over sleepy, and the bottle acted like a binky. He usually only drinks 1 oz, at the most, the rest is breast milk. Then when John gets up with him on his days off, he gets 1 bottle a night then. I am not that good at nursing in public, so I find myself packing a bottle for back up. I always try to nurse first, but if I am shopping at the Walmart, I am not going to whip out a booby. I can say that I am already getting tired of being the only source of food for him though. On call every 2 hours. That will change when he gets a little older, and needs to eat less often.

We are thinking about going camping in the next few weeks. Well, John and Spencer are going, and Bella, Jackson and I are thinking about tagging along. I think John is ok with us going. I have not been camping forever. It was before Spencer. I may have been pregnant with him, but I don't think I was. That was 8 years ago!! Now when I say camping, I mean I slept in a van. Roughing it huh?!?! Any who, I don't know where John is thinking, but I found a rad campground near a lake. I think it would be a good place to start out camping with the family. I am not really down with taking Bella into the middle of the woods. I would worry the entire time about her running away. We need to buy a few things in order to go. We have a small tent, but we would need a second one, and air mattresses for both. We have everything else we would need. Sounds fun, I hope we actually go along with it. I need to get out of this house.

No comments: