Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Little man Tenney

My new baby boy is 4 weeks old today. That makes me very sad. I wish I could stop time and just enjoy the new born stage a little longer. I will not miss the sleepless night however. I am getting sick of him only sleeping 1-2 hours at a time without eating at night. He can go for hours during the day, but the second I want some sleep he wakes up. I think the last 2 nights I have gotten a total of 6 hours sleep. Not enough for this person!! He is staying awake longer during the day now, so why is he not sleeping more at night? Oh well, only a few more weeks until he sleeps longer at night. I will move him into his own room really soon. I have to get him use to sleeping flat on his back so he will like his crib. Actually I put him in his crib one day while I was in his room doing somethings, and he did not seem to mind it too much. His crib is super comfortable, and there are lovely colors to look at in there, so I think that is why he liked it.

Perhaps I will work on keeping him up longer in the evening, not that it is easy to do. It just seem like the only time we go anywhere is in the evening, and he sleeps in the car. It is hard to wake that boy up when you do want him up, and even harder to put him to sleep!!

Today is going to be hot. We are going to be playing in the pool this afternoon. I am going to get up and make lunch in a minute, put Bella to bed and then when she wakes up we will all go out back. The sun is the hottest out back around 5pm, but there is more shade back there in the afternoon. I am not a big fan of hanging out in the back yard, there is no where to sit, and I always get burnt through the leaves on the trees. Maybe I will sit out in the sun and work on my tan. Now that I am drug free, there are no side effects from them and I wont burn.

No comments: