Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

It has been a long time, but I feel like venting and Facebook can only handle so much. Today we had my Mom, Dad, Amber and Brooke over for Thanksgiving. I cleaned the house (even thought I really did not need to) for 3 days, and John cooked all day. You know, I really hate that I put so much on my shoulders about the stupid things. For instance... is anyone really going to notice that the baseboards have some soda slashed up on them in the kitchen? Or that the cupboard next to the stove is super cluttered? NO, THEY WONT. I was busting my hump for 3 days, and it was over in 5 hours. I hope that I keep that in mind on Christmas Eve. Yeah right, I won't. I will be worse for that holiday. Oh well, it is just who I am. This time... more time for me and less time for cleaning the day of the event.

Family Update...
Jackson is 4 months old now. 4 months old. Wow. This being my last baby, I had hoped that it would not fly by so quickly, but I can not slow time down. He is so amazing. I love him with every inch of my being. I could not love him any more than I do. I have felt a connection to him from the day I knew I was pregnant, before any test could tell me I was pregnant. He will forever be my little man. He is really big. He is wearing anywhere from 6-9 months clothes. Biggest baby yet. He is super strong, and should be sitting up in the next month or so. He has been rolling over for weeks now, and loves it. He smiles all the time, but has only laughed a few times. He has his routine down, and so do I. I put my big girl panties on and moved him into his own room, but he still naps in the living room. This way he wont be woke up by Bella when she is "napping" too. He LOVES his brother and sister. Spencer loves him too, but Bella is not a fan of him. Just like I predicted. She thinks he took her place. I have to make time for her during the day so we still have our mommy/daughter time. I really thought it was going to be harder having 3 kids, but so far it is easy. I do find that I am later to work than I would like to be alot. It is super hard to get out of the door on time, but that is the only problem I seem to be having.

Spencer and I are getting along really well, with a bump here and there. Tonight was a bit tough, but lack of sleep and too much going on could be that problem. He is doing good in school, but I think he needs to pay better attention while there. He is still doing the Cub Scout thing, and still loves it. With the weather being bad this time of year, he just hangs out in the house playing with Bella, or with my DS.

Bella is... well, she is just Bella. She has her good times, and her bad times. Right now she is going through a independence stage. Wants to walk at the store and not ride in the cart. Wants to be in the kitchen when we are in there. All things that any normal 3 year old (in 3 weeks she will be 3!!!) would want to do. The problem though... she does not listen. You have to force her to listen and it is frustrating and exhausting. I hope she starts to grow out of this... its getting old. She is amazing while Spencer is at school. Listens really well, helps me out, cuddles with me, plays with me and Jackson. But the second Spencer gets home, she turns into the mean Bella. She feeds off of him, and they drive each other nuts. Go figure right??? Brothers and sisters not getting along. I just hope that Jackson and Bella get along better that Spencer and Bella. They are going to be growing up together, where Spencer is out of the house more and will be doing the friends thing.

I have been back to work for almost 2 months already. It is the same ol, same ol.. that is good but it sucks too. I have gotten no where with my weight loss. Frustrating, but what did I expect. It is the holiday season, and the food is too tempting. It all went down hill at Halloween, and has only gotten worse. Only 4 more weeks and it will be done. I hope to move on with it at that point, but with my track record I worry I wont. I was walking 5-7 days a week when it was not raining, and was doing amazing with it too. Once the rain started, I quit. I am borrowing a treadmill from the neighbors, but I don't like it. It is really loud, and the belt is too small. I wish I could get an elliptical machine. I would use that. Don't know if it would be enough, but it would be better than nothing and better on my bad knee and ankle. I could get one for under 300, so perhaps with John's next big bonus. We will see. I would still love nothing more than to be a cop, and after finding a woman cop out there to talk to, I think I really can do it. I just have to be able to pass the test. I CAN DO IT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered why we clean for days for people who won't notice or care about our little messes. I do it too, even though I know it's not necessary. Trying to be perfect is too exhausting, those who love you will still love you if they see a cluttered cabinet.

David C. Russell, Author said...

Hi Cori, my blog name is
mellow roc, real name David, and like you I am a parent, married, and beyond that our similarities are unknown to me. Reading a couple of your posts reminded me of our 2 adopted children who are now seniors in high school, getting ready to go out on their own. We adopted them when they were 8 and 9, respectively. How things and important matters change as they age, and glimpsing at what you said of your children was sort of a trek back in time for me with them. What seems to remain is the up and down of the relationship, the ebb and flow of good times, not so good times, learning, forgiving, asking to be forgiven, selecting the battles, on and on. Were it not for my faith, this would be truly
mind boggling. I see you post sporadically, but if you ever want to say hello or how's it going or anything, am opened to an occasional visit with you! Just felt like writing you and offering an encouraging hello!