Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's been going on around this joint

Well, my little baby boy is now 2 months old. 2 months ago today he came into my life. When thinking about the time... it would seem that I have had him for much longer than that. He is super amazing. I just love that little man. I had to take him to the doctor yesterday because of his skin. A few weeks ago we noticed some spots on his face, and it has just gotten worse. Long story short... he has baby eczema. The doctor says it will most likely go away, but who knows when that will be. We took him off of normal formula and put him on soy to see if it is milk related. I sure hope it is, and that it will clear up soon. It breaks my heart to look at the beautiful face all beat up and pealing. I know it bothers him too, and it is tearing me up inside. Dr. Johnson say that this may effect him allergy wise in the future. We will have to avoid nuts for a long time, just in case there is an allergy there. My mom says there is a link between child asthma and baby eczema. Don't know how it is linked... have not looked into it yet. Turns out John had eczema and asthma as a child. Who knew. Guess I should have gotten a genetic background before I reproduced with that man!!! Just kidding.

I got my double jogging stroller on Friday. I just love it. I have used it every day. John, Spencer, Bella, Jackson and I went for a 2 mile walk Sunday night. Last night Mark, Kyla, Mikey, Aidan, Spencer, Bella, Jackson and I went for a long walk again. I started my morning program today thought. Here is the plan... I need to start slow because I was unable to do anything for so long while pregnant, and then after the baby came. I plan on walking Spencer to school every day (unless it is just pouring, I don't think the babies should go out in that kind of weather. Rain is ok, but not if it is pouring), and then go for my walk. Today we dropped Spencer off then walked for 55 minutes. I did not worry about the time, or where we were going, I just walked and listened to music and looked at all the houses I have never noticed before. I love walking. I just hope that I can start running as smoothly as I started walking. I have noticed that breast feeding and jogging do not mix. Too painful. I think with the baby not being able to have milk, and me wanting to start running, I am just going to stop nursing. I only did it once yesterday, and that was just because I was in pain and needed to do it. I feel super guilty about not nursing, but I just think it will work out best for me. I know it is best for him to nurse, but with the eczema, I don't know if I am even able to do it. So stressful.

I go back to work in 2 weeks and 1 day. I am sad. I do miss going to work, making a honest days wages and having the self respect of working... but I am going to miss the baby SO much. It has been wonderful being home the last 4 months with my family. Even with all the yelling! I know it is going to be super hard that first day back.

I am still excited about reaching my super big goal of being a police officer. It is so hard to not eat the nummy foods that I want... but when I think of being a cop, it makes it easy to say no. I want it so bad. I just hope it happens. I can not think of anything else I would want to spend the rest of my life doing. Nothing seems as exciting or respected as being a cop. I just hope the age thing does not get in my way. I know I can get in shape for it, but there is nothing I can do about being old!!!

No comments: